Tuesday 13 November 2012

TORQUE: The Last Rehearsal


Oh crap, it's tomorrow.

I've never had to write and rehearse a play within a month before. Naturally this means certain compromises needed to be reached and the script isn't perfection, but I never expected it to be. I have seen this event as an opportunity to experiment with the idea of a play that is half in BSL because it has always seemed absurd to me that such a theatrical language isn't used more often in theatre. So I am anxious for tomorrow to see whether it works how I hope it will.

It's scary because it's out of my hands (excuse the pun). There's not really much I can do now, the play is written, and any changes I could make would be more damaging than good. And with the last rehearsal tonight, all I can do is trust that Bradley, Dwane and Kate do everything they can to tell this story.


Now, to rid myself of this nervous energy, I'm going to take the piss out of our esteemed director! After the amazing response to The Science of Farting, I thought I'd share with you a few more of Bradley's choice quotes.


"When you go outside- It's like eating chewing gum. You pop it in and it's like 'F***ing hell that's fresh'."

"You can't do that, I've just seen her boob bounce up and down."

"KISS HIM!!! You can laugh, just laugh on each other's lips."

"No! Don't roll her! Do a spinny thing."

Anyone who has been directed by me before will know the nonsense I come out with, so here's proof that I'm not the only one! 

As we are in rehearsals at the Bush all day tomorrow, there will be no performance day blog but FEAR NOT. I will let you know how it all goes with my final post on Thursday. Until then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment